Chinese New Year is one of the most important events of the year – an opportunity to welcome longevity, wealth and prosperity and eliminate past negativity. With plenty of activities happening, food to eat and rituals to follow, there’s no excuse not to join in the traditions and festivities happening this year.
Here are some tips on how to prepare and enjoy a traditional Chinese celebration.
1. Clean your home – sweep away any ill- fortune!
2. Decorate your home with symbols of good fortune… fresh flowers and plants are a must!
3. Place a bowl of fruit on your table - mandarin oranges are a must!
4. Get your haircut before New Year and buy new (preferably bright) clothing!
5. Try and clear any debts and start the year with a clean slate.
6. Arrange to be with family and friends.
7. Prepare all food in advance for the celebrations.
Tip 1: Get ready to toss up all good fortune and prepare your Lo Hei platter for Reunion Dinner
Tip 2: Make sure all your food shopping is done before Saturday – all shops tend to close for the 4 day period.
Tip 3: If you give Hong Bao (red envelopes) to your employees, family or friends, make sure all cash amounts are in even numbers.
All preparations present the opportunity for you to embrace change and transitions within your life. Take advantage, and erase any current negativity.
Not only is this very refreshing, it may help you with a fresh, positive outlook on life.
Gong Xi Fa Chai!
Don't Move To Singapore Without Considering These Three Things
How to show your staff you care
Back to Books: 5 Business Books to Read
IMMedia Content | Client Case Study
AI in Recruitment, an Enabler but not a Doer
Don't Move To Indonesia Without Considering These Four Things
Sales Career Sales
Some See Sales as a Stepping Stone, Others See it as a Career
Identify the right Influencer